Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perfect Delta Morning

Default Bass Fishin'....

Hy Ricky,.... Tha's a large Bass. It's a good thing it didn't surface or it would've swamped you/your yak.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Well said Rickey! I agree, the kayak and the Delta were definitely made for each other. Being able to paddle over and through surface weeds and muck and, in particular, being able to park on top of that stuff, enables you to relax and fish in close in the back of areas I think a lot of larger vessels avoid. Not to mention you can paddle it over a rock wall during high tide or easily portage around one at other times. As long as I live within striking distance of the Delta, I can't imagine ever not owning some type of kayak.

My inflatable Coleman and its paddle (which breaks down into 3 pieces) only takes about half the space in the small trunk of my Honda Civic, and I can literally inflate it in less than 5 minutes with a hand pump and deflate it in less than 30 seconds. At about 20 lbs, I can carry it fully inflated with one arm down the side of just about any rock levee and launch for FREE. Combine these features with Delta topwater bass fly fishing and it's almost too fun and relaxing to be legal.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.