Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta algae

Jerry, everyone's right, we could have been off in our estimates given how much bass weights can fluctuate. Thus, yours might have been a 14-lber and perhaps mine was an 8!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Perhaps IGFA could be persuaded to set up a new set of records for the ones that get away. All you'd need to do is estimate the weight of the fish and then get an independent witness to swear you saw its tonsils
    Back to my alagae question. I'm not talking about good old slimy/snotty algae I'm referring to Microcystis Heruginosa. There's a load of stuff on the web http://www.dhs.ca.gov/PS/DDWEM/bluegreenalgae/index.htm This stuff can be highly toxic and thrives in hot sunny conditions and nitrogen rich water. Just strikes me that a combination of this muck and increased water abstraction could see the end of one pounders never mind ten pounders.
    Bass Buggin' - Bad for the heart: Good for the soul.

Mike, is the algae you're referring to the stuff floating loose in the water that looks like little pieces of green tomato skin. The sloughs are full of it. I work right next to the Port of Stockton and the algae became toxic two years ago that the port hired a tug to anchor in the basin and push the water around with it's prop. I never walked over to the railing and looked down into the water to see what it looked like up close and personal.

Last year they installed an aeration system using pipe and bubblers that was supposed to deal with the problem. I haven't returned to work yet so I don't know how successful the "fix" was.

Oh, and as long as we're talking IGFA records on one's that got away, I'm claiming the LMB record for 15 pound tippet with two wind knots. I DID see its tonsils!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Default Tonsils....???!!

Hmmmmm,.... What happens if the Bass has had a tonsilectomy
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Different class record!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Speaking of IGFA records, why do they have records for men and women? It would seem to make more sense to have the record based on the sex of the fish rather than the sex of the fisherperson!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com