Thread: rogue revisited

Default rogue revisited

Well I twisted Marks arm to take me fishing so I could extend my hatchery curse to him. the result....

Mark got his hatchery fish

I got some action too

and not 200 yards from the steelhead hole, we took some topwater bass at sundown.....what a hoot of a day.

And shared a mosquito mauling with Gary Anderson at the takeout

The rogue really has a problem with hotdoggers in inboard jets. The rivers just not big enough up there. Theres even a trend starting with airboats....thats right! Airboats. Those things from the everglades that you have to where ear protection if youre within 1/2 mile of em.

Jay

Default Airboats....???!!!!

Hey Jay,.... What a great trip. Black Bass and Steelhead in the same waters, but,.... billions of SKEETERS too

Seems as tho bad judgement abounds now days.... There's been attempts to control use of boats of all types on specified waters in California with mixed success. Boats surely have their place in fishing but an airboat On the Upper Rogue

Except for the noise and Kamakaze mentality of their drivers, jet ski's look like they could be fun and might make a decent fishing platform (if used in a considerate manner) Let's face it.... Multi use waters are the facts of life.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

We'll my native curse and Jay's hatchery curse are still firmly intact. I did get a hatchery fish but Jay caught it. All my hookups on the steelies came unbuttoned. It will still be good on the barbie.
    I can't conplain to much about motorised boats because I run a sled. I do try to be as nice as possible because I drift fish and bank fish also but I'm sure I tick a few folks off. Most of the jerks seem to prefer big inboards and don't fish. I will say the bigest jerks are a few of the boat dealer reps doing demo rides. They really like to hot dog it and I don't like the message it sends to new owners. They think that sort of behavior around fishermen is OK and are shocked when someone bends their beak or gives them the your number one sign. If I took a demo ride from some of these guys I would tell them to take it back to the ramp and stuff your boats. I will say Willie Boats guys seem to try to work with us and they are the only boat builder I reccomend to people shopping for boats.

Mark

This is a perfect example of the photobucket problem. I treated all 3 of those shots identically. from my camera, thru my picture program and into photobucket and they came out odd sized as you can see. The bottom one of Mark with the bass is perfect. But the other two require a microscope to view. .....aaaargh!!

Jay

Looks like another great "Strausian" day. Is the count above 5,000 yet?

Its 4900 as of aug. 1. So I'd say yes. Very solid start!

Jay

Hey Mark what kind of boat are you running?

Andre

[quotHey Mark what kind of boat are you running?
    e]

Andre
    It's an open 19-6 Willie Predator with a tiller pump. I love my drift boat but I also love the quik trips possible with the sled. I use the sled most of the time lately.

Mark[/quote]