Thread: Pike and touch up

Default Pike and touch up

I learned a valuable lesson on my last trip:

This picture ended up being one of my best from a recent trip to Alaska, however, for publishing, I learned that the Boga Grip, attached to the fish in the original picture, made the picture unusable.
    After some touchup I was able to create a more "acceptable" picture in the eyes of those that care about those things. Grin!

For those of you that use a boga for saltwater species, etc., you might keep the "boga factor" in mind, if you intend to sell the shot or use it for an article.

$.02
    Cheers,
    Lee

Lee

Photoshop programs are the best thing since sliced bread! This is a picture of a striper my friend Mark caught in Mexico. Everything looks beautiful in this picture... It didnt start that way. This fish had 3 feet of its stomach hanging out of its mouth in the unedited picture. I went on to eliminate all the bimini structure and fly rods in the final edit, leaving nothing but fish and sea.

Jay

Very nice.

Yes, it is great to be able to "recover", when you have a super shot, and a minor flaw ruins the picture.

I took dozens of pictures on this last trip to Alaska, and was glad that the best pictures were able to be saved with Photoshop.

Here is another Boga-less picture. 15 lb. Sheefish.