Thread: Slam'n Dorado

Default Slam'n Dorado

The Egan brothers slammed the dorado today, along with a few others.
    The big fish were 42 and 32lbs. There were other 30's caught today.
    a thunder storm moved in after we got off the water.
    Packing up and getting ready to come home to the hot weather

Jay

Default Doradoooooooooh!!!!!!

Hey Jay,.... Sounds like you really had some great action. Were there any sails around

Not only has it been hot but It's been sprinkilg down Fresno way.... After the weather you've been in, this'll be right up your alley....

Time for Stripers, Black Bass, Carp and maybe some surf fishin'!!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian,

I just arrived home from the trip. I will never fly America West again. When I left, we were 30 minutes late getting out of Fresno and 1 hour late getting out of Phoenix. Today, we left 20 minutes late and when we arrived in Phoenix, we had a 2 hour delay because there were no pilots or flight attendance available to fly because all of them worked Las Vegas route last night so they need there rest period.
    Boy, it was hot in Phoenix, 118. Yesterday it was 120 with thunder storms hitting the airport. They shut down Phoenix airport for 3 hours because of the bad weather. Landed in Fresno and it was 109 at 7:30 pm.

We did have some sails at the boats but no hook ups. I took a 15 wt out with hopes of finding and hooking into one. I guess the last day was the HOT fishing day. Lot's of 30+ pound dorado. We even saw a rooster around 60+ at the nets. But it was up and gone before we even had a chance to approach it

I'm getting ready to set my dates for next year. I have one question for you and the people out there who have been with me on my trips. The question is would you like four or five days of fishing?

Time to get to bed, I'm beat

Jay

Default HOT!!! HOT!!! HOT!!!....

120 degrees,... With thunderstorms WHEEEeew!!!! I had good luck with America West in 2004. They sent my luggage on ahead (on a different aircraft) tho. Them flyboys really know how to have a good time, don't they???

If I have my "druthers", I'd vote for fishing 5 days. However, I have a caveat. I still want the first/last day's off. So, instead of 6 days total, it would be 7. Don't want to admit it but I was really tired at the end of those 4 days....

Gotta admit, I really didn't expect to have to spend as much time as I did setting up/repairing equipment for the next day. Now I have some idea of what to expect, I can be better prepared....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown