Thread: The river "Y" 7/19

Default The river "Y" 7/19

I guess I call this the river "Y" these days because I wonder why I am going there! Fished there a week and 1/2 ago with fellow "b" member Thom and we only got a fish each to hand. No bugs, no fish rising, no nothing! Went back today and basically ran into the same conditions. One fish to hand, no bugs, a couple of rising fish, that were not within reach, and pretty frustrating. Looks like the high flows of the Spring have taken their toll on the spots I have been fishing. Seems to me a drift trip could be quite rewarding throwing large driies along the bank. Talked to a couple of guides that have been doing fairly well using this technigue. If you go throw the ugliest and largest dries in the box! Got my fish today on a #8 Stimulator and missed one other fish. A couple of photos from the last 2 trips.

Speak to the Hand!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Nice report and pics Mike. Looks like a nice piece of water you were fishing there.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

May not be alot of fish, but sure are good lookin' ones! Thanks for the report.
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver