Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Darian

Default Hey Darian

Hey Darian,
    How's it go? Dunno if you're back yet. Hope you got some time in the water.
    -Paul

Default Jinxed!!!!

I haven't left Sacramento yet. A person in another vehicle decided to occupy the same space as my vehicle on an on-ramp to the freeway. No injuries, fortunately) SOOOooooo,.... I now have something else to take care of. ARRRRRGGGGGHH!!!!!! It seems that Murphy has been making the rounds in my life recently.... If I could just get my hands on 'im
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Darian,
    Sorry to hear Murphy has found you. I've found when it rains it pours and then its gone. Just have to deal with it in the short term.

I'll be up north chasing coastal stripes this coming weekend but around the following. If you're in town let me know. I'll book south to fish with you.
    Posted one pattern on the bulla board that has been workin lately for me. Simple mole crab pattern....nothin fancy.
    http://www.garybulla.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3154
    -Paul

Default Stripersssss!!!!

What part of the coast're you going to be at??? Apparently, I'm not going anywhere but it's supposed be around 103 degrees on Saturday.... You may want to stay on the coast.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

No kidding. I don't know if I'll even need my waders.
    Dunno exactly where I'll end up coastal wise.
    My friend I took fishing down here is returning the favor and showing me some striper spots he fishes.
    We'll see if we can entice one to grab a fly.
    It sounds like its more of a matter of just finding them.
    If they are grabbing metal, I can't see how they could refuse a big streamer.
    -Paul

Default Coastal Area....

If you're gonna be in the area from San Francisco south to Half Moon Bay, you can probably find some fish along many of the beaches.... I lived down that way, many moons ago, and fished the breakwater at Pillar Point. Caught Stripers and Olive Rockfish from the breakwater and saw some Halibut taken from inside the harbor.... Lotsa good clamming/fishing in that area.

Of course, access may have changed due to the influx of population since I moved up north....

Author unknown

Default Flies?????....

Hey Paul,.... That's a good looking fly. Unless I'm mistaken, it's a simple construct as well. From my days of Surf Fishing (conventional) and a sand crab trap for myself/bait shops, mole crabs are great for a variety of fish.

Well,... It looks like my truck goes into the shop tomorrow for a 10 day stay. Still negotiating a rental vehicle with my insurance company.... Looks like my boat won't be going anywhere soon.

Author unknown

Hey Darian
    Press the issue about the rental vehicle. A while back my truck got plowed and I needed a truck for my business to tow with. They said I couldn't tow with a rental vehicle. After I had a pretty good temper tantrum they found a rental I could tow with.

Mark

Default Rental Vehicles....

Mark,.... Thanks for the thought. I succeeded in getting a rental (not a P/U unfortunately) but I can get around town now. Someone must've had a sale on bright yellow paint 'cause that's the color Hertz gave me. Now, evry time I get in the car, I have the urge to..... Sorry, gotta go now.

Author unknown

Hey Darian,
    Sorry to hear about the car ordeal. That pattern is a simple tye. I'm looking for more of those lately. Razzlers work great but are a bit more work with multiple epoxy steps.
    Well, if and when you make it my way shoot me an email or an instant message.
    I'm a short hop off the 5 on your way down.
    -Paul