Thread: 7.16.06

Default 7.16.06

Remember this day everyone....I caught my first striper on the American and on a fly..... I headed out after work since I got off early... about 7:30pm, and all 9" of him/her were beautiful.......... I broke off the first fish on the strike.... 11.5lbs orvis ss (2x?? or 3x), right after the blood knot, maybe had a wind knot since I dumped the cast a few times but I did check and it seemed ok (good fly too.. damn it!!).. and I missed the second as I had to swat a skeeter... and pretty sure I got west nile too since I counted at least 8 bites....

Finally stuck the little guy and it was a short but sweet battle and release. Can't find my camera either so i didn't get a pic, but caught him on a classically tied deep sheep shad. Lots of caddis out, saw one steelie rise (maybe a steelie, I assumed it was a steelie) and that got the juices flowing too... if only I could cast a floater and a SH at the same time I'd be set....

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Congrats!!!

I'm sure there will be many more in your future

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Thanks Katz,

Stripe was fun but seeing that one fish porpoise for a caddis, I felt the steelie fever setting in......

I do want to break say the 20" mark for a stripe though.... already thinking about heading out tonight if I can but I left my flies in my brother's truck Wednesday..... and I only have the one deep sheep left but I want to throw something bigger....

But like I said.... there was that nice riffle blow calling for me to skate some caddis flies grrr, decisions, decisions.....

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com