Thread: Day 30, waiting to get out, tying flies!

Default Day 30, waiting to get out, tying flies!

It was blowing hard enough this morning that we decided to stay in bed. I had clicked our VHF base station on and heard the word, "viento" and "malo" enough times to know I didn't want to go boating. About eight, my guide friend Victor called thinking I was on the water. He had five people in his panga and wanted me meet him to take three since it was just too rough. I explained I was in, "mi casa" and got a few more "viento's" and "malos" describing the weather and he said he's stop by the house later.

With nothing to do, I got in the van and drove over to the fish camp and took a few pictures. I've included one of the camp overall and one of a longliner who's decided to take Sunday off.

Still bored, I decided to tie some flies. However, the pattern may be a little unusual to some readers. I've included a picture and will give a detailed description of the tying procedure if requested.

If the wind lays down this afternoon and I get some reports of people catching fish I'll head out and let you know how it went.

Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

I'm laughing my arse off here .............

David

PS - Get out to the beach an' see if Rooster is around , Jerry ..... You're running out of time !

Default Flies?????....

Hey Jerry,.... Where's the flash on that fly
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Would flash be legal? I thought it would taint the whole idea. It looks like it's flat enough to get out FINALLY! The banana hoochie is wrapped up in foil in the cooler and ready to go.

Now if I can find fish!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com