Wednesday night a Chubasco blew through Mulege. It didn't do a lot of damage but did fill the boat with a fine layer of sand. By mid-morning Thursday the seas were small enough for us to go out but the effort was pretty much wasted. Nothing, nothing, nothing.

Friday we had some lumpy seas and we went out early. Nothing again.

Saturday we decided to head north. We reached sixteen miles out in six foot seas, the biggest I've ever fished in while in Baja, trolled for an hour south although why we bothered was beyond us since it would have been tough fly fishing if we had hooked a Judas fish.

We reeled in and went to the point. The seas were much calmer as we neared Pt. Concepcion. We ducked inside and I had some success rock fishing but the fish were small. The long liners seemed to have cleaned a good portion of the larger fish from the area.

The day was a busy one for sport fishing with ten or so pangas out as well as ourselves. Not a single boat caught fish. Enrique went 23 miles out, Mateo 30 miles south. I'm sure the clients got a good bouncing around in the weather.

Today. Sunday, is supposed to be calmer but still not the smooth seas of late June. My SO, "she who must be obeyed" and the boat's owner, is somewhat under the weather. We may just head inside Concepcion bay and picnic and maybe do a little rock fishing. I doubt that we'll go out for another roller coster ride. If not, I'll just play boat boy and scrub and polish.

Maybe Monday, only ten days left!