Thread: Here in La Paz

Default Here in La Paz

Well, after a few airline delays, I finally made it to La Paz. We stopped at Punta Pescadero for a short visit and talked about bringing in some people. I discuss that more upon my return.

Early this morning, I saw the first rains since the hurricane of 2003. One big bolt of lightning, a huge boom and instant rain. Probably an inch within a half hour. Everything is now clean

It's been quite windy everyday the people have been saying. Looks like it could be a tough week. Now you see why we pick May and June

I'll post more later. OH yeah, I"m using the computer at the local coffee shop because the hotel computer is well occuppied so the fishing reports could be delayed

jay

Jay

We had a good amount of lightning and a heavy downpour when we were there 2-3 weeks ago.

Good luck! Looking forward to your reports.

Jay

We're you in the la paz area. Right now, it's getting ready to do it again.
    The locals say we should have somemore thunder and lightning later this afternoon. Don't really mind it just as long as it gone by the time we start fishing. Lightning and graphite just don't go together, especially when you're in a panga and the highest thing on the water.

Waiting for the group

Jay

The storms were on the road between la paz and las arenas. I was more concerned about the road being washed out. It wasnt nearly bad enough for that to happen, but I could see how, in several places along that road, flash flooding could certainly leave you stranded...or worse.

J

I just found out the we could have some wet slippery roads, if not some washouts. It must of rained hard out there last night. Funny, some parts of downtown La Paz didn't get any heavy rains but early this morning they got some showers. So it's hard to say where the water went.

it is definitly hot and muggy. It's probably in the high 90's maybe low 100's with some medium high humidity. Dang, it feels like i'm back in the islands.

Still waiting for the group

Jay

Default Hey Bro look what your missing at home !

» Fresno, CA -- Currently
    Saturday Jul 15 5:56 PM PDT Sunrise: 5:52 AM PDT Sunset: 8:17 PM PDT
    Partly Cloudy
    102°F / 39°C

It feels like 102°F / 39°C
    Humidity: 16%
    Dew Point: 48°F / 9°C
    Barom: 29.84" Falling

Wind: 8 mph NorthWest

» 5 Day Forecast °F

Sun
    Mon
    Tue
    Wed
    Thu
    Hi: 107

Lo: 70 Hi: 107

Lo: 73 Hi: 107

Lo: 75 Hi: 108

Lo: 73 Hi: 106

Lo: 71

Default La Paz 5 day

Sun Rain
    Mon Clear
    Tue
    Wed
    Thu
    Hi: 102

Lo: 77 Hi: 101

Lo: 75 Hi: 102

Lo: 77 Hi: 103

Lo: 79 Hi: 103

Lo: 78

JAY,

Any Info if those rains and Lighting are happening up Loreto Way???? I can deal with abit ~ I guess.. but hopefully it won't go "Big Time" Whilst Lee & myself are there....

4 days til departure... YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Tear It up down there....

DEAN.......
    "..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride..." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Default Weather....????

Dean,.... Did you see the post by "Jerry in Lodi" about the six foot seas around Mulege Better take some seasick stuff with you....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Re: Weather....????

Quote Originally Posted by Darian
    Dean,.... Did you see the post by "Jerry in Lodi" about the six foot seas around Mulege Better take some seasick stuff with you....
    DARIAN,

Yeah, after I posted this, I read Jerry's Post.. Oh Boy!!! I hope that Sh*t blows out before I land on the tarmack Thursday...

I Always bring the Bonine with me down there.. I've only gotten Seasick once, and that was a Mild case.. but It's No Fun and I avoid it as much as possible....

Thanks for the Concern.....

DEAN.......
    "..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride..." ~ Hunter S. Thompson