View Poll Results: Are bananas good or bad luck or make no difference when fishing?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good luck!

1 3.57%
  • Bad luck!

10 35.71%
  • I don't believe in that kind of mumbo jumbo!

17 60.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bananas, good or bad luck?

This thread is absolutely hilarious! I thought I had heard it all if it relates to fishing but this is a new one for me. Who would have thought. . . bananas. . . . Sounds like an episode from Gilligan's Island.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default BANANA's???????!!!!!....

On the recent trip to Baja, lunches that were furnished contained banana's and we were warned not to eat 'em (get rid of 'em). My partner did well but I had some motion sickness and didn't catch anything that day.

Actually, that was the first time I've ever heard of it before. Not sure all of the reaction is warranted but if dine in good humor....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Bill,

I worked for Mike for 4 years and he has it absolutely right. I don't even let my buddies talk about the "B" word while fishing. The topic is closed! No b-words allowed.

Reno flytyer,

You don't seem to get it. You will be messing with your own fishing worse than your buddies. Purposely taking a bannana on a fishing trip, no matter its location, is a disaster for everyone!

-John

PS I love the look on people's eyes when I tell them about my superstition on this! To tell the truth that's where the real fun is...

I've heard of this one for quite a while now .....

ALL of my Australian friends are anti-banana ....... I , however , DO NOT perscribe to 'luck' - I believe you make your own luck by paying attention to the details (tying the right knots , taking care or gear properly , etc.) .

Besides ..... I puke like mad on the ocean , so bananas would not hurt OR help

David

I guess I don't have to worry about this one 'cause I don't eat bananas.
    "If you don't where you're going, any road will take you there."

several years ago I was aboard a panga in mexico, It was just me and the panguero. He no abla english and I no abla espaniol. It was pretty quiet that day...except for the wide open yellowfin tuna bite. The one thing he conveyed to me that i understood was there was to be absolutely no bananas aboard his boat.

I've always thought of it as mumbo jumbo. What if you eat the banana before boarding the vessel? You are still technically bringing a banana on board.

J

Now what does this mean? At this posting over 195 people have viewed the "Banana" thread but only 14 have answered the poll.

I'm guessing that the remaining 180 are so fearful of the "banana curse" that they're afraid to even check a box where the subject is "bananas!"

Or am I just full of BANANAS!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Default BANANA's???????!!!!!....

Hey everybody,.... Does this curse apply to plantains too
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I mentioned this thread on Blanton's board and someone referred us to a tarpon guide's website that makes it clear that, not only are bananas not allowed on the boat during tarpon season, but "banana muffins, trail mix, etc.," as well. The guide emphasizes, "I am not kidding!"
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I have put off reading this post because of the title... but damn this is funny! I've never heard of this superstition either. But I am not one to tempt fate. No bananas for my trip with Gregg to the Burney area.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member