Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LORETO REPORT

Default Trolling Swivels

Hi Carl,

Well, I started looking around the shop yesterday and came up with a new "High Speed Trolling Swivel" made by SPRO. These are weight tested and have several barrels instead of just one.

Looks like just the ticket for dragging big flies without getting twist.
    TONY

Default Re: Trolling Swivels

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich
    Hi Carl,

Well, I started looking around the shop yesterday and came up with a new "High Speed Trolling Swivel" made by SPRO. These are weight tested and have several barrels instead of just one.

Looks like just the ticket for dragging big flies without getting twist.
    TONY
    Tony the Spro swivels are a very good choice ! I use them and the smallest Sampo ball bearing swivels . makes life a lot easier .

Default Re: Trolling leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Carl BlackIedge
    Hey Brad,

How do you construct your trolling leaders? What test, and also what make of material?

Carl Balckledge
    Hi Carl ,

In order flyline,50 lb Braided loop to the Spro swivel or small Sampo swivel to a straight 20 to 40lb to 60/80lb bite , Fly. All Bimini loops so all are removable and the bimini's give a bit of stretch.

I have even used a Perfection loop at the swivel and straight leader to the fly

Not worried about Records just C&R get um to the boat fast and turn um loose.

The leader material varies From Cortland, Ande, Soft Steel or Big Game (Trilene)

Default Re: Trolling leaders

Carl I just eliminated the extra knots !!

Carl, What are your dates for 2007?
    Mark

Damn, Carl your getting me all jacked up about a trip I'm going on to Mulege this June/July.

Mark

You too Mark, If you've never fished the paddies, it's one of fishing's most incredible experiences. It seems when the paddies are around, EVERYTHING is in more abundence, sails, marlin, dorado, yellowfin. Yipee.

I've been in Mulege when an individual paddy would take up more than a acre!

Glad we're going down in June, in fact I wish it was a little earlier. I've been down there when there have been huge amounts of grass in mid June only to have completely blown out by mid July.

I'm getting a little psyched myself.

Get those phtocopies ready to send, Darian, you too.

I'm waiting to recieve my renewal for my boat and trailer licenses. Once I recieve them I can send off for the Mexican insurance!!! I already have the new tags for the van.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Carl your right, I feel fortunate for the opportunity to be able to make my first trip to Mulege with Jerry. Going with someone who is very familiar with the area saves a lot of time and Jerry's a great guy. Darian and I are lucky to be able to tag along with him. What also adds to the excitement for me is going someplace new. I've been all over Baja from La Paz to Cabo and it's getting a little to busy in those areas for me. Also I haven't ever driven down, and I'm looking forward to that part of the trip.

Mark

Ok, it's getting a little thick. Mark I suspect you're piling it on so when you kick my butt and get a Baja Grand Slam, Sail, Dorado and Yellowfin (or Striped Marlin, no Roosters this far north) all on a fly on the same day that I'll at least have your kind words to sooth me.

That's OK, I don't know if I want to pull that much in one day.

I can tell that striper season is over.

I wake up dreaming of stopping at the fish market at Ensenada early in the morning while Darian and Mark run in and grab three fish tacos each for breakfast.

Then being stuck behind every farm labor bus shipped south across the border between Colonet and San Quintien as they pick up the crews for the tomato fields.

Then stopping at Mama Espinoza's in El Rosario for an early lunch.

Then climbing up into the Sierra Giantica mountains and dropping down into the eye-popping Catavina desert with it's sixty foot high Cardon cactus and giant boulder fields.

Then the long flat to the 28th parallel and the salt flats of Guererro Negro.

The the barren Visciano desert and the hills around San Ignacio.

Then the long climb up the plateau to the top of Devil's Grade.

The the six mile dash down Devil's Grade to sea level and Santa Rosalia and the final 40 miles to Mulege.

And finally, after filling the boat with gas, launching it and tieing it to the dock, dinner at Los Equipalas; Castillos de Puerco, mmmmmm good!

Yup, striper season's over, 64 days to Baja!!!
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

'jbird' is right on......

SA also has the Mastery series 'Bluewater' full lines that have a 60# core:

WF12S, WF14S, WF15S in very fast sinking only.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Rio's 'Leviathon' series comes in 3 different types of full lines:

550 floater (100' now) powerful 12 to 14 rods

500 intermediate

400, 500, 600 very fast sinking

Our Jim Christensen and friend George Brown of Stockton fish the 550 floater for Billfish.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........