Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LORETO REPORT

You are all nuts catching fish that big in warm tropical areas in early spring.

I'm jealous.

Here I am contemplating which 3 wt to buy and you are throwing 12 wt rods with shooting heads and flies the size if blue birds.

What does this package run for I'm going to start saving my money.

James, IF I put together a package for 2008 to Mulege it would be $1295 for six days fishing excluding air fare and six dinners where you're on your own. Of course the margaritas are at your own expense as well.

Also different is that the anglers would rent cars for the week, four to a car so that they could travel in the evenings and see more of the peninsula. The car rental is included in the above price.

This would be a small group, limited to eight anglers. I would operate the trip similar to the way Jay does and my ex-partner Al and I used to, I'd go out in the panga as third man in the boat with the newbies, not to fish but to give that extra instruction necessary.

This trip would be quite different than the Loreto type trips since Mulege is a very small town and the crew would actually get to know both the panga captains and some of the townspeople. After doing a trip like this, you would learn enough that you'd probably just go on your own in the future unless the comraderie of seven other anglers was important to you.

One thing, you would be the only eight fly fishers in Mulege and not have to worry about other boats jumping your paddies!

Carl, you have lots of experience with groups, what do the other trips cost?
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Jerry

I would be very interested in this trip.

Jay