Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Leader Systems....

Default Leaders....

Paul,.... I'm using Maxima, Green in building my twisted leader butt sections. The tippet is Flourocarbon. If a large bite tippet is required, I switch to either Mason Hard or Amnesia (clear). I believe in the principle of KISS. So, I try not to use much of anything exotic.

Good luck on your trip.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I have to give Leo a big thank you also. When I made my head scratching post he contacted me and then sent me a sample and instructions. I haven't tied one myself yet but I will soon. Thanks again Leo

Mark

Hey Guys
    You are more than welcome and I wish you as much luck that I've had with these leaders. I've had good results with sailfish, tuna and skippies. I'm using 20lb Berkeley Trilene because its available almost everywhere and I've never had a failure. For the bite I'm using 40 or 50lb Stren for the baby tarpon because thats what I happen to have on hand and for the big guys I'm using 80lb Berkeley Big Game. If there is anything else that you need feel free to email me and I will try to help you.
    Leo