Thread: Interesting show on the Discovery channel

Default Interesting show on the Discovery channel

there was a documentary on the Discovery channel last night about Frank Mundus and his 40,000 sharks caught. the show also had the story of the 3500lb shark caught off of montauk that was denied by the IGFA as a record because it was caught near a whale carcass, and the shark was attraced to the whale which is a mammal, and the IGFA does not allow the use of mammalian chum or bait. the show had some really cool shots off feeding sharks. I would have posted it was going to be on but my internet was out.
    Dusty
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

If I'm not mistaken, that 3500 lb. shark was not disqualified because it was caught near a whale carcass because that's not chumming, it was a nautural occurence (whale death)...rather it was disallowed because the anglers, after trying a number of baits without success, decided to cut a piece of whale flesh off the carcass and use it as bait which was successful. That was the disqualifier - whale meat is not allowed as a bait for record qualifying fish.