Prior to the mako trip we were chasing corbina. Found some great structure and my friend was able to land three total. 2 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Corbina fishing will drive you mad, but the right conditions make it doable. Here's the post.

Hey Guys,
I've been playing host to a buddy from up north trying out the salt down here. We normally fish for steelhead up north and he's the culprit that got me into this addiction we call flyfishing.
He's been having fun with the perch, sharks, etc. that we have down here. This stuff is alot harder to come by up north, and I think he was a little surprised how good we have it down here.
Granted, they have it hands down where trout/steelhead/salmon/stripers are concerned.
It is a definite change from fishing in snow for the winter run.
Today I was able to return the favor for getting me into this madness, by getting him into a couple beans to hand and a few more missed. Granted, I just locate the spot and the rest is all him. He's ruined now for sure. lol.
Both fish on a merkin. I dropped a bunch on a size 8 razzler and white over red clouser. Just couldn't stick em this time.
-Paul

Bean on a permit fly

One of B's Beans

Bean Closup

Bean Bendo