Thread: Silver Fork on Sunday

Default Silver Fork on Sunday

My father and I fished the the Silver Fork just above China Flat CP on Sunday. The flows are still a bit high but it was fishable. Walking was a bit tough due to the high water and all of the dogs barking and charging you! A ton of capmers! Everywhere!

I handed 3 small Bows around 6" - 8", lost 3 others and had quite a few grabs as well. There was a small hatch of Caddis (size 14-16, brown). Only had 2 grabs on an elk hair and the rest were on a #16 AP Black.

I was wondering if anyone has been up higher (closer to HWY 8? If so, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I went up to the Ice house area. Drove up the fished a stream near the Van Vleck Ranch. I ended up with 1 10"brown, 60 mosquito bites on each leg and probably the bird flu. Bug repelent vaguly worked. Hiked in a little ways as well and the back streams were still high from the snow run off. Mosquitos were bad there as well So I did not get to fish. was to busy trying to retain the blood in my legs. Hopefully the mosquitos will magically disappear soon so I can try again.

Jeremy
    Tie it, and they will bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacfisher
    was to busy trying to retain the blood in my legs. Hopefully the mosquitos will magically disappear soon so I can try again.

Jeremy
    HAHAHAHA!

I only had 5 blood suckers land on me Sunday. Lucky me! the 8th or the 9th a friend and I are going up to kirkwood lake and fishing the creeks. Hope to catch some nice Brownies!

Good luck in Kirkwood. Let us know how you did.

Default Update on Silver Fork 7/8/2006

Instead of driving up to kirkwood we went past silver fork C.G. and fished. The water was perfect and the fish were hungry! I lost count after 20 bow's, handed 3 in the 12" range and the rest were 5-7". all in all it was a great trip for all of us. Megan caught her first trout! clear bober and a prince. 90% of the fish we caught were on dry's! Just a fun day no matter what size they came in at.