Thread: Salmon Creek/Bodega Bay

SullyTM Guest

Default Salmon Creek/Bodega Bay

Rumor has it that there are fish in Salmon Creek Has anyone fished this creek? What would be your choice of gear? Thanks. SullyTM

Default Salmon Creek....

Hi Thom,.... Not sure whether you've seen Samon Creek before.... It's only legal to fish below Hwy1. That leaves only the estuary which has an extensive sandbar that blows out with heavy rain. When open to the ocean, there is a limited tidal fishery for Steelhead. During the late 60's/early 70's there were some Silvers there as well.

This stream is C&R only and the numbers of fish are way down. The last time I was there (to fish) was in the 80's and there was a bunch fly guys working "por nada". It's a rather plain/quaint area with lots of small homes along the south bank. Lotsa surfers in this area, too. If you decide to go, watch out for vandalism on your vehicle (....just like everywhere else).

There might be some surf fishing (bait/fly) from the very long beach....

Actually, the only time I would stop to fish there would be if I was travellig by and noticed some fish rolling....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Sully,
    I fished Bodega bay on the way back from the garcia last winter and got a few perch feeling bumps. Just throwing a standard #4 clouser.
    Nice looking water. Might be more productive in the summer months as things warm up.
    -Paul

SullyTM Guest

Darian/Paul...I'm somewhat familiar with the area. Haven't been up there in a few moons though. I'm sure the area has been developed? Thanks. Thom

Call over to Lawson's Landing on Tomales Bay and ask for Willie.

http://www.lawsonslanding.com/

(707) 878-2443
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thom the beach can offer excellent redtail surfperch action. One of my favorite spots in fact. Be careful out there.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!