Thread: American 6/11

Default American 6/11

Carried my pontoon boat to the Paradise cove last night. Launched at about 7:15pm. Fished a 2/0 Chartruse and White Clouser until (with a shad fly above it just in case). Landed 21 schoolies from 10 inches to about 18 inches. Had one 10lb++ fish roll behind one of the smaller schoolies as it came to the pontoon boat! WOW!! Was kind of hoping he would eat the little guy

Interesting note: There were two other boats there and two people on shore. One boat was directly upstream of me using live minnows and small jigs. The other boat was directly across the river (shore guys there too). They appeared to be soaking Anchovies and throwing poppers and diving plugs. Final Results......................

Fly Fishing - 21 striper

Conventional Guys - 0 :P

Also on my last cast I hooked a small striper on the clouser and as I took the time to get the line on the reel, a REALLY small striper took the shad fly.............. My first double on striper for. The total inches of both fish might have made 18 inches...

All in all, a great evening.....

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

That's awesome Kraig!! You know you're going to open up a whole new can with the fly vs. conventional gear thing.

I know! I remember the post from last year well....

The thing is, every guide I have ever gone with thinks the fly's outfish the conventional's for striper. Is that because I am paying them at the moment, - could be?

I have been in places where the water is too deep or too fast to get down and the guys soaking bait on the bottom have done better, but that's it...

My vote is still for the Streamer Express 350 and the Clouser.

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Congratulations Katz!

If you don't mind me asking but where is Paradise Cove? I tried searching on the maps of the AR and can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Can someone help me with the name of that access parking lot for Paradise beach area?

Thanks

Found it...... Glen Hall Park.

Kraig