Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dorado!!!!.... BAJAaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Jbird,

Not to burst the bubble, but 2 weeks ago, we had captains motoring from as far as Punta Colorada to get bait at Cerralvo Island. On a couple days, we would load up our bait tank in the morning and meet my captains uncle around Muertos bay and give him bait - so in so many words, there was no bait in the East Cape. But things change weekly and daily.

On one of my days off, I fished the beach by the lighthouse and ended up catching 4 lady fish, a rooster and a 15lb jack. The only draw back fishing the beach is you can't cover alot of water. And if you see busting fish and you sprint down the beach there might be a chance you'll step on your tongue when it's dragging on the beach. I packed a bottle of water.
    What I would do is get on a bluff spot moving fish or look for schools of lady's or mullet and key in on them.

Good luck on your adventures

Jay

Jay

I have been reading that Gary Graham has been finding sufficient supplies of sardinas in east cape for a while now. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Cant be any worse than last year.

Jay

Jbird wrote : Cant be any worse than last year.

No kidding Jay. Except for a more consistent evening Ladyfish bite when we were there last June, the fishing was no better than in the middle of the winter when my wife and I are usually there. Actually there is usually more surface bait activity in the winter if the wind lays down than when we were there. This last January on a couple of mornings I was snaging Ballyhoo's when I would roll cast to get the head up on top and bait being chased around. I don't know what happened last June.

Mark

Congrats on your success Darian! Welcome to the BAJA experience buddy.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Anyone wanting to go with Jay next summer should be booking a week now.

Give Jay a call or email him.

I think this is the best deal in Baja right now.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Tomorrow I get my slides back. So once they are scanned, I'll try to post a few shots of the groups. I was hoping for a 100lb rooster this year but nada.

Jay