Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: July gathering

Yeah, I'm sorry you can't make it too Adam. Hopefully the next one. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Maybe Darian and David Lee and I can go down there this Wednesday to check out all three marinas?

Sugar Barge, Russo's and Lundberg.

We might be able to meet Richard down there as well?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

BUMMER can't make it on Wednesday. I'll be there Friday with KD all day

I have looked around some. Don't know Russo's, but I have seen the other two. Sugar Barge is by far the more upscale. It has a covered BBQ picnic area in the RV area. Don't know about reserving the spot. The boat house itself is quite a facility. Lundborg Landing is a relaxed spot with a friendly restaurant/bar and crew. It would not be out of place in the Mississippi Delta. The Sugar Barge is more the Martha's Vineyard type. Launch fees are about the same, $8 at Lundborg and $10 at Sugar Barge. Lundborg is closer to Sandmound Slough, but the difference is small once you are on the water. I launch at Lundborg because it is closer to where I keep my boat. I'm up for whatever Bill and crew decide.

I'll post more after the excursion with KD. I will try to have some maps prepared for those who don't know the area.

Wednesday is fine with me for a scouting trip ...... BUT -

The only place to camp down there is Lundborg's . Since Candida and I are camping from the afternoon of the 21st to mid-day Sunday , that's where we'll be staying . Lundborg Landing is closer to Sandmound ..... and that matters to those in tubes/Yaks/electric motor boats .

Just my opinion ....

David

Default Road Trip....!!!!

Hi Bill,.... Wednesday is OK for a scouting trip with me. Kinda sounds like David has some concerns, tho. Not sure, but the last time I was at Russo's, camping was allowed in the area where the RV's were parked. Maybe it was car camping
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I think we should go down to Lundberg to talk with the people there about our event anyway.

Sounds like Lundberg would be best as far as the location to Sandmouth Slough.

I will talk with you guys about a meeting place. I can drive if it's OK.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Camping....

I just looked at Sugar Barge's website and found that they make reservations for campsites.... Info for David Lee.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

As far as relationship to Sandmound, as I said earlier, Lundborg is closer, but the difference isn't enough to worry about. Unless you have power getting to Sandmound from either place would be too much of a chore (at least for me). There are plenty of places to fish from either place for those without power who don't want to hitch a ride on one of the boats with power. There is a Marina much closer to Sandmound, I can't remember the name. I know nothing about it except I see it on my way to Sandmound.

Let us know what you all decide.

Looks like Bill , Darian and I will be down there in the morning .

Don't worry .... I'll bring 'em back in one piece (er , more or less .... ) .

David :P

Is a float tube going to work where we are going?
    Tom Moore