Thread: Monday, May 22

Default Monday, May 22

Don Powell and I fished the Delta with Captain Kevin Doran for a day of top water bass action. Altogether, we boated over 30 fish and missed several more due to our slow reflex. Captain KD was very patient with us.

In the evening I caught the fish below. It was 24 inches long with a girth of 15 inches. It weighed 6.5 pounds. About 10 to 15 minutes later, I boated a 4 pound large mouth.

If you want to spend an enjoyable day learning top water bass fishing, I would recommend that you book a day with KD.

[img][/img]

Superb fish and a great photgraph: congratulations

I like how the dahlberg is poking his little head out. try tying some dumbells in for the the eyes, it give it a great swimming action, but not the initial clug.

Congratulations, that is a GREAT fish!! Judging by this and other reports, looks like the Delta topwater season is well underway. Thanks for posting the picture!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

OK, Mike. Now it's your turn. (But don't go out tomorrow all the weather reports I see are saying "WINDY".) It's bad enough in my little boat, but I don't think that sounds good for an inflatable kayak. Week after next I am taking my inflatable kayak up to Lake Sonoma (Yorty Creek car top launch). If you REALLY want a good laugh stop by and watch that!!

Hi Richard! I saw your report, happy to see you've been having a good time out there and your season's properly underway. You're right, it IS my turn, ha. I hope to get out there this weekend regardless of conditions.

Good luck at Lake Sonoma. I had no idea you owned an inflatable kayak. Does take a little getting used to at first but it's a great way to slowly, quietly, take an area apart thoroughly with the fly rod. Can't wait to hear your report!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.