Thread: scary scene..

Default scary scene..

I cut & pasted this quote from a baja report outside san jose del cabo this past week.

Whale sharks continued to be seen frequently, in fact a very scary incident occurred on Saturday when a charter boat from the Pisces fleet collided with a whale shark causing a hole in the boat, in a matter of minutes it sunk in the area offshore of Chileno, no injuries were reported to the passengers, as they were quickly transferred to another boat, though who knows how the whale shark faired.

Jay

jbird,

Whale sharks, while big, are plankton eaters. They are absolutely harmless and beautiful to watch in the water. If you ever have the opportunity, you'll be mesmerized.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Yeah, I know theyre very docile. I would love to have my snorkel gear on board., I would love to swim with one. Also you can find a variety of gamefish swimming with them. Notably jacks and, on the east coast, cobia.

It must've been terrifying to be on board a sinking cruiser. Like Eric stated tho, the poor whale shark probably didnt fare too well.

Jay

The first two weeks of my baja stay, we've had whale sharks right next to the pangas. So far, we've also seen two "ORCA's". The one orca could of been a million dollar photo. Like I mentioned earlier, it had a marlin in it's mouth when it jumped. If only the anglers had shot a photo. That moment had retirement written all over it.

Lot's of critters in the Sea Of Cortez

Jay