Thread: ACR 1265

Default ACR 1265

Anderson 1265-3

which skagit line (heavy load) for this rod? I am contemplating tracking one down for testing, and want to make sure it is close to what I want.

I am in Oregon, so can't drive to Kiene for a test session.

thanks in advance.

Default Shooting head

Steve...check your email.......Anne
    "So it goes"

A Rio Windcutter 11-12-13 (Body only), the 1265 needs around 380-400 grains to load. What a rod! Jeff
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

is that 400 gr w/ or w/o tips?

Anne, thanks for your message.

With a floating tip. The line-rod combo will easily handle a 10' section of T-8 as a sinking tip, it'll get down if you need to, without overloading. jp
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

Hi Steve,

I am in Southern Oregon and work with Gary on design and development in his spey department. I also teach a lot of spey to club members. Much of my time is spent on line matches for spey and I know the 1265 well. I would be happy to send you out some of my favorite combos. Please call me so I can understand how you are looking to fish the Skagit setup. I see a lot of casters that say they are doing the Skagit and they are not, they are doing Scandinavian style. Which is good, because I am not a big fan of true Skagit. It does however work well with T-14. I have built lines for the 1265 to handle T-14 in a Skagit style, if that is your target. I enjoy much more the touch and go, shooting head, Scandinavian Style, type of casting, from floating to full sinking lines. Consider this: the fish determines the fly, the fly the leader, the leader the head, the head the belly, the belly the rod. Let me know if I can help you with your line search.

Steve 541-840-2594