Thread: Lessons I learned today on the Delta

Default Lessons I learned today on the Delta

The water is really nice and warm now.

The fish are moving out from cover.

Topwater action is really beginning to heat up.

After raising your trolling motor always remember to secure it before you take the boat to full speed. I didn't lose the trolling motor but it was close and I had to return early to reattach the base plate for the trolling motor which ripped off, so I lost most of what should have been a great day on the water.

Live and learn.

Default Faux Paux's.....

Hey Richard,.... Sound advice.... Pretty scary incident. Happy to hear you're OK. The boat can be repaired....

I've found that I had to make a checklist, similar to a pre-flight checklist) for my boating ventures as I tend to forget some things (aging is hell!!).
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

at least it was only a day trip, i did almost same except mine did pull off and went down in 150' water on 2nd day of a five day trip. needless to say was not my best trip, but did give me an excuse to upgrade so all was not lost. anyway sorry for your lost day i know how precious any time lost from fishing is, glad to hear you kept motor and learned the lesson tho
    It is what it is

At least you remembered to bring it up, I am guilty of forgetting this step. Also I have started the gas motor before tilting it down into the running position. Fish fever I guess! I have since put in a backer plate under the deck for a little more grip on the troller. HC