Thread: Feather River anyone?

Default Feather River anyone?

Anybody try the Feather? I wonder if it is fishable now?

Default Shad ?

I've been on the river almost daily for several weeks now chasing stripers and the water is still very high.
    The falls at Shanghai Bend are not even there as water is going clear over the top of them. Usually this is a good place to start for shad as they stack up there but not now. They'll just swim right on through.

I've only heard of one report of someone seeing shad and I think that was up in the lowflow.

It's going to be a late year for them around here I think,
    TONY

Is it getting any better Tony?

Default Shad in the Feather/Yuba

Hi Budda

The Feather is clearing up very nicely and the Yuba is still murky green but fishable.

The only shad I've seen have been on the Yuba and those were taken incidentally to fishing for stripers.

The Feather is dropping and the water at Shanghai Bend Falls looks like the Potato Patch outside the gate at it's worst. Started to go over it this morning heading to Boyd's but thought better and stayed high. Dangerous place and it'll get worse as the water drops. If you want to fish the lower Feather below Shanghai, put in at Boyds.

With the weather being cool for the last couple of days the water temp has dropped as well. The Yuba was at 48 and the Feather was at 54 this morning. This will delay the striper spawn and keep them around longer though.
    TONY