Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: middle feather info

Default Cattle Drive???!!!!....

Hey Jeff,.... Was that cow making a stement about anything in particular Good timing on that photo
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

2xshort and Darian,

I was talking about the Middle Fork of the Yuba which drains into and out of Milton Resevior. There must be easier ways to get into than I did at 17 but at that age you will jump off a cliff for a trout. Doubt any option to get to the undisturbed water is easy but what the hell, ain't nothin' easy. Not like the mailman brings me beers....no...he brings me bills the rat bastard!!!

It is a hell of beautiful spot and if you are willing to bust some ass I would highly recommend it. As Sean Connery said in the movie "The Untouchables" with a smile: "well.....ya gotta die of something!!!

these canyons are NO JOKE!
    I'll second that! I've done the Sailor Flat trail on NF American and it dang near did me in. But the fishing was excellent! Also be aware that there are bears in the area. We had an ice chest with some food inside the truck, and when we got back there were some LARGE prints on the windshield and hood.

The middle yuba is definitely a rough canyon. I have gone into it below the box canyons at Graniteville,
    and the walk out was horrible. However, the fishing was great. A big turks turantula is all you need to
    catch a few fish out of every little pool. I also camped there in the summer, and when i went
    swimming in a few of the pools, there were about 3-4 18+ inch fish in each big pool. Some of the
    smaller pools held a couple dozen small fish.

Here is where we had to stop after a long day fishing.

Fellas!
    Thanks-a-million,
    the info and pics were fabulous and my suspicions were correct, this will be a trip worth making.
    What is it about large farm animals doing their buisness that puts a smile on my face? Probably the same thing that made you take the pic. Absolutly fantastic photos! I'm taking the video camera with me so I'll post or link some vids for you guys.
    Gentlemen & OregonSalmon thank you for your time now the training begins.
    Later.
    2short

Default Ironman Fly Fishing

Wow those pics are of beautiful waters! So when I move north next year, I'm going to have to lose this belly to fish?

"Ironman Fly Fishing" you heard it hear first.

Quinn
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

I went to checkout the Middle Fork @ the Milsap Bar last Sat. The waters are ragin' out of control. I almost lost my Chocolate Lab, because he was soo excited to see water he jumped in, but then he realized it wasn't the American River where he swims. Lucky for me, he didn't jump too far in the White Water & was pushed back to shore. There is some places there to fish, but it is limited. I guess that book about the Plumas National Forest might be a good book to get.