Thread: The Group is Gone

Default The Group is Gone

My first group of fly fishers left this morning and are headed home with big smiles on their faces. A few broken rods (5) and quite a few destoryed of broken fly lines. Some sore knuckels, tired arms and sun burned bodies.
    Yesterday, the fish turned on for all of them. I will give you a short version. They finally found some willing roosters that would eat and pull the guys right out of their shorts. They were from 25 to 35lbs, jacks were in the mid to high 20lb range. Lot's of huge rock fish for those who were tired of fighting the biggies. Skip jack anywhere from 3lbs to 16lbs were also on the bite. No dorado were caught but some were seen around the bouys. There are jacks and roosters on both sides of the island as well as Muertos Bay.
    One boat did have an exciting adventure. I think they were about 20yds away from a leaping Killer Whale. But to top it off, they whale had a marlin about 90lbs in it mouth. They were too slow to get a photo.
    Remember the food chain. We also had a number of whale sharks next to pangas
    All in all, it was an exciting week. These guys are going home pumped up and ready for next year.

My next group arrives tomorrow, until then

Jay

Jay,

Great report. Have you gotten any photos yet? Keep us posted. When you can't be there your reports are the next best thing!

Wingman

I have alot of photo´s but no way to down load them. They are being stored on the flash cards. When I get some via my email, I will share them with the board.

Jay

Jay, once again, it's clear you guys are having TOO much fun. Can't wait to see the pictures!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Here's something else.

We saw two whale sharks by the hotel. For those that know where the dolphin pens are they were in the area. In the boat traffic lane and we also what looked like jacks busting bait about a 1/4 mile from the beach.
    Going back to watch the show

Jay

Jay

Thanks for the report! I need to work on my tan so I dont get too fried down there in June!

Hows the bait situation down there?

5 Broken rods huh? That is pretty wicked. Did you observe operator error or defective rods?

Jay.

Yup..........the group busted rods (first day and last day), busted lines (every day), blown up knots and blown up knuckles (every day). Big fish, small fish, all fun fish, all strong fish! Lots of laughs and lots of smiles. Another Ken and Jay show is in the books. Excellent!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Default La Paz Dates

Jbird,

What part of June will you be there? Darian and I will be there from 6/2 through 6/8.
    TONY

Tony

We'll be there the last week of June.

Jay

jbird,

Around Cerralvo island, the bait is thick. So thick that most of the time, you might make bait on the first throw. When your inside a cove, the whole surface comes alive with dippling bait and then the big explosions of Jacks, lady fish and rooster's chasing bait

Darian and Tony, the fishing should be HOT by the time you get here

Jay