Thread: Folsom 4/23

Default Folsom 4/23

Fished dike 8 for five hours today .

Three smallmouth , 12 , 13 and 17 inches . They fought like tigers !!

I line , 7 wt. , olive and black buggers and a chart/white Clouser . Water low/mid 50's , vis. from 5 feet to muddy .... depending on which way the wind blew . B'assholes in Rangers crimping me on the spots , guess they don't know that self-propelled floattubers have the right of way ....

No rain , wind to about 15 MPH . That's it !

David

Great report. Had a friend try Folsom from shore today with no luck. His thoughts were that the colder water/lack of sun took them deeper.

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Good job David, sounds like you got into some good fish! That 17"er must have fought like a brute.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker
    Good job David, sounds like you got into some good fish! That 17"er must have fought like a brute.
    Mike -

Fully 6 minutes on the Fenwick 7 wt. . She was carmel and pale olive w/ a small head and super-deep body . Took the Clouser on the drop in a flooded treetop ..... and just tied the Fenwick in a bow for a while !!

Not what I consider 'fast' fishing .... but better than staying at home .

David

were you using a floating line? sinking? if sinking, what class sinking line? mind sharing where you were fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by FishyMe
    were you using a floating line? sinking? if sinking, what class sinking line? mind sharing where you were fishing?
    I line , dike 8 area .

David