Thread: On the AR 3/19

Default On the AR 3/19

Boy, hard day at the office on Sunday. High flows and fairly clear green water. Fished the morning with my buddy Leo at Goethe and managed to hang one. The we picked up and moved to lower Sunrise for a big goose egg. Left there and headed to the hatchery in the evening, with no hits. We did see a few fish hanging on the edge. Here is a pic of the hen... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/outdoo...e2.jpg&.src=ph

It was an awesome day though, I think I got a sun tan We were treated to the air show too, bonus points catching the Blue Angles! BTW, does anyone know if a jet crashed? I was wading across at one point and happened to look up and see a HUGE column of black smoke rise from the air field. Leo said it sounded like a train crash it was so loud
    Here fishy fishy....

I have seen them do some bomb demonstrations at airshows here in S. Oregon. Maybe what the black smoke was from.

J

PS Nice fish

No crash just a demo

KInda hard to keep these guys in focus

Ah good, I saw the A10 flying around but wasnt sure if there were originally 2 Nice pics Aaron
    Here fishy fishy....

I work in the Granite agregate mine which borders the Mather air field. A few buddies and I got off work early saturday and headed to the end of the property where the air field fence is, right at the end of the runway. The planes were taking off right at us and were literally 100 feet over our heads as they passed. When the blue angels performed we were about as close to the action as is possible. When those planes first took off they'd pull up hard at the end of the runway and we could feel the force from the jet wash, when they came in low to buzz the airfield they were diving in right at us. It was pretty awesome and we could even see the faces of the pilots. We al camme prepared with our earplugs and it was a good thing, you could feel the force of those jets rumble your bones. I work with some pretty big heavy equipment and those jets make my stuff look like childrens toys

What flies were you using? I went all day Thursday at Sunrise Blvd with no bites ...used alevins, prince nymphs, birds nests, poopahs, san juan worms...fished just about every accessible part I could find. Got a nice sun-burn on the tops of my hands and wrists to prove how long I was desperately searching for a steelie.

Ben I tried everything you used, but I got mine on version of MSP's caddis.
    Here fishy fishy....