Thread: Anyone fished the American lately?

Default Anyone fished the American lately?

I haven't seen any reports on the American for the last few days but will be up in the area Thursday and need to fish!!!! Flows are down around 5,400, but maybe it is pretty turbid? We had almost 2 inches lately down in southern California, and are over 4 inches for the season so far!
    Don C.

I fished the AR on thursday and got nothing but the bottom. Flows were around 7500 cfs. Despite having some recent rain and the high flows the water clarity was pretty good. I think that with the lower flows the water clarity should improve as long as we don't get any torrential rains. As for the steelhead, who knows.

I fished on 3/1, 3 grabs, 4 on and landed 3 to 7lbs. The water was high but clear.

Fished today for about an 4hrs, and had 3 grabs, 4 on and landed 3 again. The water was down but about 10in visibility, got a bit muddy.

Thanks for the info. That sounds encouraging. Mind if I ask what the fish hit? Flows are still going down, but it sounds like it is or will be raining up there some more for a couple of days.
    Don C.

Was out at Upper Sunrise yesterday afternoon and hooked a 10 pounder on a Thunder Creek salmon fry. One smoking run and it broke my 2X tippet. The visibility was around a foot.

Don, each day was something different... buggers and pupas
    Here fishy fishy....