Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A question for the more mature fly fishers...

Default My two cent's worth

Adam, Adam, Adam,

I think James Taylor summed it up nicely when he wrote a song that contains the lyrics, "The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time, any fool can do it, there ain't nothing to it."

In other words. life is a journey, not a destination or a score card... choose to enjoy it or don't, but it's your choice and... any fool can do it!

Go fishing... somewhere... anywhere! You'll forget all about age, and everything else for that matter, and you'll be enjoying the passage of time...

WinterrunRon
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Hey Adam, wasn't it Geirach that wrote" all flyfishermen secretly aspire to become an old fart"? I'm still working on it at 44 but my wife assures me that I've already made it . Fishyme, about the time you joined the board the salmon fishing on the American was red hot. You've got most of a year to practice the casting, and the shad run will take care of that. You can get salmon earlier by driving up to the feather, but you'd have to talk to Tony about that as I've never managed to get a handle on them yet. Like most I'm gettin kind of antsy waiting for the trout season. Gotta get back into the canyons before I go nuts. Adam at 27, how bout that. Here's one for ya,"when I was your age..........". In a few years you'll be using that line yourself.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I didn't read all the posts in reply to this, but let me say one thing.

Age is a state of mind. I'm 34 and I feel better now then I did in mt 20's. Fly fishing could be a part of that, but so is your attitude. My uncle is 63 ad he's also a fisherman. You would think the guy was 35 if you met him.

Don't worry about the age on your drivers lic. worry about how you feel when you step into the world every day!

Default State of Mind

Right on Hubbard. That's it exactly.

Stress and growing up can make you older before your years.

Smile Even force yourself to smile when your down, and everything will look better, and enjoy what we all were given.

Fly fishing solitude gives us time to reflect on what we have.

TONY

Adam,
    Age...birthdays? The only bad birthday is the one that doesn't arrive. I believe that something like this has been written: life's a journey and a river runs through it.
    T.

The more mature fishers. I quess that's a polite way of calling us old farts. Well that must not apply to me because my wife is always saying my actions are immature. Really any day your on top of the grass is a good day.

Mark

Old Farts huh

Thanks for the advice guys, my birthday was on Saturday and I was wondering where the last few years had gone. You guys have some positive outlooks on life and aging thanks for your MATURE advice!

This board is fun!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Hey Adam,

Heck, I'm turning 60 this year and I still feel like a 25 year old. As a matter of fact, we were discussing "old people" this weekend in Texas at the dinner table. I was talking to a young'n and he mentioned old and I said what do you consider old - he paused and looked at me and then said "about 50". Hell, 50 is not even the golden years
    I once heard Paul Neuman quote that he never mentions numbers when people ask how old he is. He said that he thinks if numbers are mentioned that your body will think it's old.
    As long as my knees hold out, I'll be working out and fishing until they cover my up

Jay

SullyTM Guest

Adam...You need to attend AARP Anonymous

I went back to college at 27...Graduated at 30 and 23 years later I'm still learning...Don't be in a rush...Enjoy the journey!

Bwup!