Thread: Notes from The Compound

Default Notes from The Compound

Splitting and stacking firewood hasn't killed me, the rain hasn't melted me, the boys at the local watering hole haven't shot me (though it is in their eyes), 312,167 beers have not put me in the ground, and the old smelly dog has not smelled me to death. I can only conclude I am immortal. There is only one last test: a hunting trip with the Vice-President.

The rivers look great, the weather becomes more trustworthy in March, and this is the time for the big wild boys. So you poor souls in Sacramento I say head in the only reasonable direction...no, not south you crazy b@stard...no, not west you dimwit...geez...no, not east ya' dullard...NORTH!!! North to the rainforest, land of clams and elk and steelhead and women who won't ruin your life since there is no desire to touch them. Celibacy and the great outdoors. Sane you city boys up in a week. Look at what wonders the magical spot has bestowed on my noggin'.

Default The Compound....????

Hmmmm,..... Great outdoors and...., CELIBACY You sure you ain't livin' in a monestary ....Do Monks fly fish
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Geller,

Andy Guibord from our shop is up at the Sage factory for a tour and today they are suppose to be out with guides on some steelhead river up that way with those big long sticks.

Maybe he will connect with one of those chrome WA searuns?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Hey OS! I'm confused................

I thought you Oregonians and Washingtonians hate us Californians for coming up there and buying up all your cheap real estate??? Every time I've crossed the Siskiyous, I get honked at, flipped off, and worse........because of my CA plates!

You're not trying to lure us up there so you can "test" your new wood chipper, are you?????

Bruce and I are headed up that way next weekend to fish a couple of days with Scott O - hope the timing is right!!!

Rick,
    Scott lives just a few clicks down the street from me and is a fantastic guide. Think your timing is perfect. Huge rain would be the only problem but March thinks begin to mellow out from the skies. Plus "thar be big fish in those waters matey!!!!

Hi OS
    Bruce and I plan to drive up on Friday 3/10 and stay in Tillamook at the Shilo Inn. We plan to fish on Sat on our own and get a bit of a tune up so Scott does not yell and laugh at us so much for our questionable spey casting abitlities!! We fish with Scott on Sunday and Monday and drive home on Tuesday.

If you are available, maybe we could get together for some time and either fish or maybe have dinner one evening. Send me an e-mail if you are interested. Any friend of Bill's is of questionable sound mind so we should fit well!!

Rick,
    Never stay at the Shilo!!! Damn owner is a real piece of work. Been trying to bankrupt our schools for years. Figures he and his rich buddies need the money more than giving a child an education. Plus he and his family were caught last year breaking all sorts of hunting laws on his expansive east Oregon ranch. He could be selling beer for a dime a pint and I would not darken his door.
    Definately get your casting stroke in gear before coming up. You can waste a whole day just getting back in grove. Those fish do not like sloppy casting.
    Lots of options in the Tillamook area and Scott knows them all. The seven day forecast looks good so weather won't be a factor. Things start to lighten up here in March.
    Doubt I'll be able to make it to Tillamook but thanks for the invite. They don't let me off The Compound often. Some sort of "socially unacceptable" rule handed down by the Governor. That rat bastard!!! But you have booked a great guide with far too much knowledge for his own good. This is the time of the year to hook something that will just swim away and hopefully not drag you with it. A member of the "Wild Bunch". Ah the end of winter on the Oregon coast....it is freakin' wonderful!!!

Rick,
    Never stay at the Shilo!!! Damn owner is a real piece of work. Been trying to bankrupt our schools for years. Figures he and his rich buddies need the money more than giving a child an education. Plus he and his family were caught last year breaking all sorts of hunting laws on his expansive east Oregon ranch. He could be selling beer for a dime a pint and I would not darken his door.
    Definately get your casting stroke in gear before coming up. You can waste a whole day just getting back in grove. Those fish do not like sloppy casting.
    Lots of options in the Tillamook area and Scott knows them all. The seven day forecast looks good so weather won't be a factor. Things start to lighten up here in March.
    Doubt I'll be able to make it to Tillamook but thanks for the invite. They don't let me off The Compound often. Some sort of "socially unacceptable" rule handed down by the Governor. That rat bastard!!! But you have booked a great guide with far too much knowledge for his own good. This is the time of the year to hook something that will just swim away and hopefully not drag you with it. A member of the "Wild Bunch". Ah the end of winter on the Oregon coast....it is freakin' wonderful!!!