Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Striper Knots

Default Striper Knots

For trout fishing, etc I usually use a bllod knot or improved cinch knot to attach the leader to the fly. For stripers and streamer fishing for trout I want to try a new knot that would impart more movement to the fly; I imagine some knot using a loop. Can anyone nominate such a knot that still has high strength in relation to the size tippet/leader being used?

I would suggest you consider the non slip loop (sometimes called the non slip mono knot). It's very easy to tie and is supposed to be quite strong. Here is a link where you can see how it is tied.

http://www.flyfisherman.com/skills/lkknots/index1.html

I strongly agree with the knot mentioned above. With a clouser there seems to be a lot more movement with a knot that allows the fly to "slip" resulting in more takes..

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Yep, that's the loop knot I use when I want the fly to have freedom of movement. As with any knot, but particularly this one, it is critical that you snug it up REALLY tight or it WILL slip. And the way it's designed, when it slips, it will pull the tag end through and undo the knot! Very important to test each and every one of these thoroughly before you fish 'em.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I use the Lefty Kreh non-slip loop, very good knot.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I use the Lefty Kreh non-slip loop, very good knot.
    Thats the one I use too. If you can tie a clinch knot, this one's a breeze.

J

Default Loop Knots.....

Hey guys,.... I've been using the Kreh' non-slip loop knot, myself. Another knot I highly recommend is the Palomar Knot. Results in a non-slip loop and very easy to tie. Very strong as well....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Very interesting that all six of us thus far all use the Kreh nonslip loop knot. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I think everyone uses that knot but I have heard of a few variations.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

SullyTM Guest

...been using the same knot more and more. Professor Lee introduced me to this knot last year on the American. I got a B- the first few knots I tied...but I've since moved to a B+

Later...