Thread: Best Silver Salmon fishing anywhere...............

Default Best Silver Salmon fishing anywhere...............

We have been going to the Tsiu River for almost 20 years now. Before that members of the Delta Fly Fishers Club in Stockton, CA had been going there yearly too. After lots of pictures and stories we started taking groups there too.

This is a very shallow river with all sand bottom right on the ocean. This river is famous for top water action with Silvers. There are some Char and Steelhead in the river too.

The fishing is very easy so anyone can go here. I will be going here in my 80s if I am still 'above room temperature'.

It can be fish 90% of the time with a floating line. Some use short sinktips too.

The Silvers run 6 to 20 pounds and are really hot right out of the salt water. They attack the fly like a Striper or Dorado this close to the ocean.

We have lots of shop video on this destination too.

We have an annual trip with some room for more if you want to see something special. Keith Kaneko will be the host this year.

http://www.kiene.com/hostedtravel/tsiuriver/index.htm

Many of our staff have been there so come in if you want to get more info about it.

http://www.alaskawilderness.com/a9.htm
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,
    If you don't catch a silver on the Tsiu can you sue the Tsiu? And if you sue the Tsiu would you have to hire a lawyer named Sue? Plus, would he have to be a boy named Sue?
    My apologies to the all the living and non-living Johnny Cash family members.

Geller,

Craig Ziegler and I sat on a school of Silver in the Necanicum River tidewater right in down town Seaside for a week about 25 years ago.

We fished from our anchored little 8' prams and threw everything at them we had. The water was clear in September and you could see them.

We never touched a fish, then a kid got out of school one day, got his old rusty spinning rod with a spoon and landed a nice 15#er off the bank.

I did limit out on Dungeness crabs though.

Now the Tsiu River is another story.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Keno,
    Think you boys were down below the 12'th street bridge or maybe at the mouth of the Neawhanna. Plenty of coho flippin' around this year but I'm not sure how good they bite on flies. Isn't it odd that the same race of fish in different rivers will be reacted differently. Never think.....just cast.