Thread: American Report

Default American Report

So I took everyone's advice and fished the American this morning. I was just below the hatchery and fished from first light to about 9:00AM. The water clarity and flows were great and there were a lot of fish in that stretch of water (it appeared that way anyway, I am not a regular so who knows). I had one fish on that was good size but it pulled the hook...I was using a pink egg and black rubberlegs under an indicator (it took the rubberlegs). There were also quite a few salmon milling around, all looked pretty beat up and they probably won't last much longer. There were two other fly fisherman down there who both hooked up also but no fish were brought to hand (aside from one spin guy that landed a really nice fish). It was a great way to spend a morning and definitely beat working. Maybe next time I'll land my first steelhead.

Luke

Way to go!!!

You usually have to hook a few before landing one. They can be tough to keep on the hook.

Congrats!!!

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Nice job Luke! Looking forward to a picture of you with one on your next trip.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Sounds awesome. Right now there are some really powerfull fish in the river. I have only landed about 1 in five this season. A couple of years ago I fished it about this time of year and just had a phenomenal day......hooked up 18 times (no bullshit) and landed nothing. Half of those fish simply chose to snap off when the realized they were on the hook. Sometimes I question whether my drag actually exists the way these fish have stripped through my backing.