Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American River Trip

This tangent really demands a thread of its own...heck maybe even its own website! I will never forget (or should I say, my wife will never let me forget) when I did a 3 day fishing trip over mothers day. The first year my wife was a mother. At the time I thought, "hey, youre the mother, not me, I'm goin fishin". That one hurt me for a long time. Just last year, she and I took a little getaway on moms day weekend and she suggested I bring my gear and do some fishing. This is 12 years later. See, Time does heal. And remember, with wives and fishing, asking for forgiveness is much easier than asking for permission.

J

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    asking for forgiveness is much easier than asking for permission.

J
    Too Funny
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

what a luckey man i am!! the lady was all smiles when i got back this evening, course the flowers and card helped. said she was glad i enejoyed myself,even had a turkey in the oven for dinner, said she would rather stay at home and relax rather than go to dinner. kinda made me wonder, tried a sneak pc of turkey on the dog, he is still fine so i guess it may be safe to eat
    wonderful 1st trip on the americam, 1- 1/2 pounder about 14'' landed. another nice fish on but to no avail was he geting close to the boat.
    both on alvin patern. saw a nice fish landed on a san juan worm. had to do the float alone as my buddys daughter was sick and he was at band aid station this early am. kinda hard to make a good drift through some of the riffles. one hour and fourty min from house doing 60 or so. looking forward to next time already, gues the old lady is right about me being obsessed.
    i am truly blessed to live here, and to find a lady that will put up with me
    It is what it is

A friend I fish with wife really went the extra mile like yours did on one of our fishing trips. I made a comment that my wife wouldn't have done that. He reply was that his wife had a better boyfriend than my wife did and that he sure hoped his wfe kept him.lol