Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American River Trip

Default American River Trip

I am contemplating heading up to the American this Friday to give it a shot. I live in SF and probably only have time for a half day of fishing. I know the basics of the river but am no means a veteran....wondering if anyone thought it is worth the trip right now or if flows are too high and fishing has been slow. Any updates or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Luke

My vote currently is too high.

Here is the link to the flows. I have hooked fish at 10,000 cfs but like it MUCH better at 5,000.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/river/americanStages.html

katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

And just after I post that........................... It's at 5,000cfs

I wonder if my reply caused the flows to go down?!?

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

I would go, flows are down, heck yeah go for it, I live in the east bay and this last Salmon season I would get the A just before sunrise fish for 5 or 6 hours and be home by 1:00PM ...hey this is my first post \/

I'll be up there this weekend Sailors or Upper Sunrise can't wait
    only went to school to eat my lunch

I think the gauge has been messed up. I was out yesterday and it said 14k but it was actually around 5k or 6k. It read 14K for a couple of days when the scheduled releases called for a drop in flows...

Default shuttle

1st time on so hi everyone. Have not fished the american before but sounds like a place i need to be. have just aquired a fish rite drift boat and would like to try it out. Is there a place i can launch and take a shuttle or catch a ride back to my truck in the area? what areas are good for a drift? Ive got the weekend off and dont mind the rain for a little fishing so im looking to go, any help would be great. Thanks
    It is what it is

Luke , Double D , Dreamingincolor -

Welcome to the board !!

David

Default American Flows

Flows have dropped to about 5000 cfs. I fished yesterday at Sunrise, hooked one fish. It was very easy wading. I doubt if they will be raising flows through the weekend. Bryan
    Tight Lines, Bryan

Default where to wade

what areas would you recomend to wade. I may just pull my d boat up and check it out but if i cant get my bud to go maby i can scout it out and do a little wade fishing. being un familiar with area all help appreciated
    It is what it is

Welcome to the board everyone! For dreamingincolor - the most popular float for steelies is from Sailor Bar to Rossmoor. It's a full day float if you stop at the good spots to fish I think somebody at the shop does shuttles. Give em a call, they'll hook you up!