Thread: feather river??

Default feather river??

Hit the low flow of the feather the other day, and only had one hook up. This is my third season fishing the feather, and this is the worst I have done for a day in feb. Did the floods strongly "influence" the steelhead to head back to the ocean if they spawned or up to the hatchery if they hadn t?

Or did I just have a uniquely bad day?

Default re: feather

I think this year has been a uniquely bad year for steelhead on the Feather. I haven't heard of much success out there this season, let alone had much myself. I've pretty much written that place off for now and started pursuing other fishing opportunities instead.

SF
    fish on, biaatch!!

I hit the low flow last Friday with similar results...Nada. It was my first time up there so it was kind of a scouting trip as well. Pretty cool little town, Oroville. People are very friendly!

K-

How was the water when you went? I think the flows are at about 10,000c cfs now. I haven't been there for a coupe weeks and the clarity was chocolate then.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuddha
    How was the water when you went? I think the flows are at about 10,000c cfs now. I haven't been there for a coupe weeks and the clarity was chocolate then.
    Hi, the low flow has been about 600 cfs for a couple of weeks now. Their have been few steelhead tho, not even spawning. I am wondering, did they spawn during the flood levels? Did they just say F*** this during the floods and go back to the ocean? Their are spots you should see a bunch of them spawning, and they simply arent there.