Thread: Germany Trout fishing

Default Germany Trout fishing

I may be going to Germany in the next few months for a family visit. Doesn anyone have any suggestions of fishing destinations in Germany?

Thanks

I remember an article in some magazine last year about a guy that went over to Germany on business and wanted to do some fly fishing. de described how hard it was to obtain a license until he met the right people through a german fly club that helped him obtain it. He described having to have to take a test first but I think that in the end he was able to get permission for a license without the test. He may have even pulled his "Magazine Writer's" weight around to help him. I hope you don't have to go through all the red tape that he had to just to fish. Anyone out there remember which mag it was published in?
    "Fishing with bait is like paying for sex" unknown saltwater flyfisher

Hey Brian, I recall reading the same article but I don't recall where. I seem to remember that, along with the test, he also had to get the license from a certain official, couldn't just buy it anywhere like we can. You're right, it seemed like he could not have got it without help from the locals.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

GREAT!
    I have an uncle who lives there, and he is also lookimg into it. Hopefully it's the kind of thing that he can start and I can finish!!

Thanks guys!

Default Flyfishing Europe

You definitely want to check out www.gourmetfly.com. Nick is located in France but definitely knows the neighboring countries and has guides and accomodations dialed in in various locations. His website has great information on the areas that he covers. He's fees are very reasonable considering how much leg work he does for you. I booked 3 weeks in France through him and his fee was 65 euros. This included making all reservations for accomodations, setting up guides and ideas for sightseeing. If your ever in France I highly advise setting up some guided fishing with him as your guide.