Thread: All I got for Xmas

Default All I got for Xmas

Well I want to thank Thom for hosting and doing a great job as usual. My only complaint is I got stuck swapping with him. Here is the problem:

The wife keeps trying to swat the adult stone with a swatter!

The stone nymph keeps crawling off the table!

The cricket won't shut up!

The cased caddis keeps tucking back into it's case and just looks like rocks!

The lady bug is just cute as a button! No problem with it yet!

It goes without saying these flys will never see the water as no fish would be worthy. Outstanding ties Thom! Thanks again for the swap!

How'd I get so lucky \/

Happy Holidays to all! And to all great fishing!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Funny thing about Thom and Thom's flies .....

You meet Thom .... and he SEEMS totally 'normal' - then , you see some of his pet realistic bugs .... he says "oh , just something I'm foolin' around with" ....

An Artist of a tyer , and a hell of a nice guy , to boot (MSP is no slouch , either ....) . =D>

Regarding the holiday swap .... Sturmer and I got each other . How's this for funny - we tyed almost exactly the SAME flies !!!!! Great minds think alike , yeah ????

Who's hosting the Jan/Feb swap ??

David

SullyTM Guest

Default All I got...

SEEMS totally "normal" Yah, dat's it David

Trust me..I have only been tinkering with realistics since March 2005! I enjoy the challenge, fish a few of them and have seen my "traditional" tying improve 3-fold! Caught my first shad on my own Wet Pinky with 2 wild and crazy guys from Sacramento

BTW...I opened my MSP swap flies last night and what I received were 3 infamous MSP Fox Poopahs Mike, you know how much of a poopah fan I've become. Thanks! The pearl braided body fly is going to be saved and not fished. The other two I'll save for my next American excursion...

I enjoyed this swap and I'll be back next year for another turn as Santa.

Later. Thom

Thom, all I can say is, "Wow." I had no idea you were into those. Now THAT is art. . . and very advanced tying.

Mike, you are too funny!

David, I see no one has responded regarding a January/February swap. Probably preoccupied with Christmas shopping and festivities. With Christmas behind us and the weather we've been having lately, I'm sure interest will start to perk up.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.