Thread: Camera Lense lingo

Default Camera Lense lingo

I've been looking at all the Nikon lenses for a 35mm camera. Damn, seems like Nikon has a lens for every occasion. I just picked up a Nikon F-100 and looking at the lenses. I know I can use the D series, since that's for digital. The AF series is where I'm at. Now with the G, S DX, etc. it's getting confusing. I know one doesn't have an aperature ring, one is silent, etc...
    Is there a site where I can go to and read about the difference.
    I've checked the Nikon site but they don't list anything

Thanks

Jay

Jay, check out fredmiranda.com It is an awesome photography website with forums for both canon and nikon. There are also a lot of lens reviews. I just bought a Canon 20D and a couple of lenses and i recieved a lot of info from both the reviews and forum that led me to those purchases. Hope this helps.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Hi Jay,

On my web site under LINKS I have sites on PHOTOGRAPHY.

You might call Andy at the shop. He is a photo gear head now too.

800 400 0359
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Jason thanks for the information. Bill, I will call and talk to Andy (on his time) or maybe take a drive to Sacramento.

I dropped by the camera shop this afternoon to check out the lenses. Boy I sure can see the dollar signs floating around my head. There are two guys in there who are pretty much Nikon experts. They were showing me quite a few things about this camera. The first thing I'm buying is the flash unit, that's if there's any money left in the wallet after Christmas. The next thing will be a 70mm to 300mm and then ???????

Most of the items will come from our only Nikon shop here in Fresno.
    I know it is cheaper to buy off the internet or backeast but like I preached before buy local, even though it could cost you a few extra bucks. If they are not there in the future, I"m sure those guys at those BIG photo outlets back East won't sit on the phone and help you - they're there to sell not to give classes over the phone.

Oppps, got off track again

Jay