Thread: Coleman Scanoe, motors - SOLD

Default Coleman Scanoe, motors - SOLD

I just bought a new boat (not much bigger than my canoe, but the motor is five times as large, which still isn't saying much ) What this means is that I have a fishing boat I want to unload on someone else.

The boat is a 15'8" Coleman Scanoe (square end canoe). It has a 3 HP 2 stroke motor and a small transom mounted trollng motor. All of this is from the mid 80's. It also has a new (less than a year old) outrigger system that makes the boat a great casting platform. It motors along pretty well, but you won't be going very far with that 3 HP unless you are planning an overnight.

The canoe is heavy (loading and unloading it from a car rack is really a two person job) and while fully Delta (if not sea)worthy it has patches from showing its age. If you want to see what it looks like take a look at a Pelican Bayou (see Bill's post below - Thanks Bill!!). The one I have (older model) doesn't have the middle seat, only a strut there, so there is more open space to stand and cast.

Right now it's on the water at Bethel Island and you would have to pick it up. I have no idea what the package is worth (the outrigger system cost me a little over $200). Mostly I just want to get it to someone who might enjoy using it. Let me know if you are interested. Price is not as important as enthusiasm. If you are, or know of, a father son/daughter team that needs a small boat this would be perfect as the boat carries two people plus lots of gear.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........