Thread: Photoshop Picture

Default Photoshop Picture

Hey guys......I been taking a photoshop class the past couple of months and I have learned how to modify and tweak digital pictures. I love the class! Here is a picture that I have been working on lately. I hope that you guys like it!

This is my guide friend Mike Bias with a beautiful Yuba River trout.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

you know adam,

that's looking kinda wild. kinda like a total recall flyfishing trip on mars. please don't take this personal or let it curb your creative fire, but it actually looks like that was a pretty solid image in the first place. careful with that photoshop stuff. out of curiosity, what are you doing with all the skills from this class?

Justin Bailie
    justin@justinbailie.com
    http://www.justinbailie.com

The original picture is nice. Not at all like your wonderful pictures. I only used my little Pentax "point and shoot" 4 megapixel water-resistant camera. I wish that I owned a professinal Digital SLR with an expensive lense for ultr-sharp cler pictures. Maybe some day.

I wanted to mess around with the program. I enjoyed dramatically changing this picture. I thought that the trout was so beautiful that I wanted it to be the center of attention, then the wild sunset clouds and finally Mike; the bastard who stole that fish from me I also wanted to spread the eye a little bit after the intial focus on the trout.

Here's the original picture.

I have only been tweaking some of my other personal pictures with my new limited knowledge of photoshop. I still have much to learn but I enjoying every minute of my class.

My current adjustments within the picture are still rough and need some heavy polishing. Someday I plan to fully complete and perfect this picture modification but for now I have to focuss on my other projects in order to pass the class and complete my portfolio.

Thanks for you interest - Adam

Adam Grace

Reminds me of many days in the '60's Adam.
    Cheers, Ken
    PS: Was that fish stretched and blown up??? I'm o-n-l-y k-i-d-d-i-n-g! :P Bias looks like he's enjoying the time on the river.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

adam,

i think that is actually a pretty solid stock shot. it really is a beautiful fish; and your partners sunglasses are classic. i'm sure you have a decent collection of images and probably know quite a few people in the industry. you should try to sell a few of those images to appropriate markets if you don't already. if you ever have any questions at all, feel free to drop me a line.

and yes.... you should get a digital slr. but until then, not bad for a point and shoot.

Justin Bailie
    justin@justinbailie.com
    http://www.justinbailie.com

I took a look at your pic gallery Justin. Beautiful work. Nicely done. I especially enjoyed the climbing pic of the sleeping dog.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

I also enjoyed your gallery Justin.

Do you shot with film or in digital?

My guess is film.

Adam Grace