Thread: Delta Tomorrow

Default Delta Tomorrow

Hey guys,.... Goin' to da Delta tomorrow,...... Gonna get me some Stripers. Yeah!!!! Goin' with my son who happens to be a gear guy. Soooo,.... I'm goin' over to the dark side for a day..... Got my Rattle-Traps, Bass Assasins, Hair Raisers, etc. Got my castin' rods and my boat is tuggin' at the reigns..... Ain't even takin' my flys or the rod. Hot Damn,.... I might even have a beer tonight.

Of course, in keepin' with the code of the Bass Man, I ain't even gonna make a report (....unless you wanna be one of us)
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Get thee behind me Darian

Goin' to the Delta without a flyrod?!? Without deerhair poppers?!?!? Speechless. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Delat Report

OK guys,.... In spite of the fact that I said I wouldn't do it, here's a report. Hit the Moke downriver from B&W landing. Foggy this AM and chilly. Hiiiiiiigh tide. Man, was it high. I was amazed to find that area relatively uncrowded for a Saturday.

Lotsa loose salad floating around, everywhere. Fished some flats and some deep water. The fish finder indicated lotsa fish at our first stop.... I thought, THIS IS IT!!!!!! W'ere gonna be haulin' over the side and makin' whale oil

Of course, as we all know, reality is slightly different. The bite was good in the early AM but not great. Shut off as soon as the sun was on the water. My son got his first decent Striper (a 5 lbs schoolie). No "biguns" taken. Had a great AM fishin'/hangin' with my kid.... Eatin' fatnin' food/belching and doin' other manly stuff....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown