Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port of Sac tomorrow ....

Tony, sounds like you've got some great memories of the place, especially being out there with your dad and getting the 20 lb striper on your 14th. Can't blame you for going down that memory lane, I enjoyed reading it.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Port O' Sacto....

Hey guys,.... Enjoyed watching you guys trying to cast in the windy conditions. I came down to see what was happenin' and had a great conversation with the father of one of the competitors on a boat in the regatta. His son was an olympic hopeful many years ago and he was a captain on the rowing team from Oregon State. Now, get this.... His son is 65 years olds and still rowing competitively (works out more than I do)....
    The father rowed as a guest in a reunion of the team at O/S last year at age 84.... Wow!!!

Anyway, back to the fishin'. Didn't see you guys doin' much so I went searchin' for my old launch point. It's down off Industrial on the other side odf the port. The entrance is the same as that used for the "Laborer's Training Center".

There is a gate there that I've only found open, today. Previuosly (before the advent of Homeland Security), I could enter thru the gate with my key to the lock for the Washington Outboard Club..... Not sure how to access that area during the week. There is a paved launch ramp in that area.... Just not easily accessed anymore.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian, darn, we missed you too? Next time we have a boat fishing outing, we're going to have to schedule in some shoreline time. Watched us casting, eh? Hope you didn't see anything too funny. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Yes, it was a grand day at the POS. Met Hairstacker and his inflatable kayak for the first time ...I just have got to get me one of those! Gregg also joined us and he was "relaxing" in his float tube...Another terrific mode of aquatic transportation...David "Hercules" Lee did ALL of the rowing yesterday ...It was my first ever striper expedition and even though we all got skunked it was still an outstanding day...Did anyone mention the wind? David
    is the hostess with the mostess...He is gracious with his knowledge, time and energy.

Until next time...SullyTM

Default Re: Port O' Sacto....

Quote Originally Posted by Darian
    Hey guys,.... Enjoyed watching you guys trying to cast in the windy conditions. (
    Mmmmm huh ......

My sorry casting in the wind STILL beats standin' on the bank watching folks row boats :P :P :P

You should have come out when we were launching , D - Sully was dyin' to meet you

Great group of guys - hope we fish together again soon !!!

David

P.S. - Anyone keen on a mid-late fall BBQ ???? I'll host it here Let me know what ya think ......

Hrmmm, BBQ sounds good! We should probably start a new topic though.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

I just noticed that this thread went two pages! Looks like these fish-outs are popular! Maybe we should try something at least monthly or so whether it be a Fish-out, BBQ, Tying get together, bar hopping , or whatever!
    Gregg Machel

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Machel
    Hrmmm, BBQ sounds good! We should probably start a new topic though.
    Hey , Gregg -

I'll run it past 'management' and get a date together

As long as we keep it under 500 bodies , I think she'll let it fly =D>

David

Well, if EVERONE on the message board shows up, there will be only 408 people. so I think we are in good shape!
    Gregg Machel

If I have free time I would love to join.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member