Thread: SOFTEX

SullyTM Guest

Default SOFTEX

Will mineral spirits thin Softex? Mine has thickened up from lack of use and I don't want to throw it out...If mineral spirits won't work any other suggestions? Thanks. Thom

Default SOFTEX....

Hi Thom,..... Just took a look at my jar and found it's in the same condition. One of the ingredients is Tuolene. Don't recall whether that is a thinner or accelerant, tho. How about using acetone You could try it on a small amount of SOFTEX, first.

Gonna have to do something myself.... I've been using a product called Photo-Flo 200 Solution to manipulate SOFTEX but that doesn't seem like a thinner.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey guys,

I read Toulene or toulene based thinners should be used, but use small amounts as it won't take much. Or you can make your own softex by thinning goop ( i assume stuff like shoe goo etc..) with toulene. Just what I've read and that most people prefer "soft body" as I think it's water based and isn't so volatile etc..

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com