Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brief report from the "T"

Default Brief report from the "T"

Hooked up 7 times today, 3 to hand 4 NOT Got the trifecta with a Steelhead, a Silver, and a King. Got one hookup on a Flashback Brown Stone, and 3 on a size 6 Prince. Here are a few photos of the day.

Steelie

Silver

The Honey Hole
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default .

VERY nice! Those cohos are mints! How far from tidewater are you?

Jay

Hey J, I'm guessing somewhere around 50 or so miles. I'm sure someone else has a better idea. And you are right, they are bright, I keep thinking I have on a nice Steelhead until it doesn't jump. They take some reel screeming runs but only roll on the surface once in a while after hooking up.

mike

Lest anyone think MSP is 'lucky' , think again -

Guys like MSP , Sturmer White , Chuck Won , Rich Owings .... have that FOCUS - the ability to read the water , present a fly the right way , and pull fish out of water you have just gone through .

I've had each one of those dudes do just that to me , usually more than once . And , I think I'm a better fisherman for having a chance to fish and learn from them . Nothing will teach you (and humble you) quite like going out with somebody with that skill .

How do you get to that level ???

FISH A LOT

David

ive been really enjoying these reports. thanks alot.

Mike
    Boy I love your reports and pictures. Some day I will have to break my Rogue addiction and give the Trinity a try.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MSP
    Hey J, I'm guessing somewhere around 50 or so miles. I'm sure someone else has a better idea. And you are right, they are bright, I keep thinking I have on a nice Steelhead until it doesn't jump. They take some reel screeming runs but only roll on the surface once in a while after hooking up.
    50 miles is a good guess probably within a mile or so. Believe it or not, that riff used to fish much better two seasons ago than than it has been. That riff used to pool out more and be much shorter which seemed to concentrate the fish. You also used to be able to get to it from the other side via those two now locked gates. I wish you hadn't posted that, because now I'm gonna feel guilty about beating you to the water tommorow morning! Just kidding! My first destination is probably gonna be on the Klamath. If I'm not catching fish hand over fist there, you can expect to see me in that riff at some point in time on Thursday or Friday..........

SullyTM Guest

Those Trinty fish are all going to party hardy when MSP moves back to the Sacramento area. Mike, good job the last few months. I'm sorry I couldn't get up there, but hopefully there is a "rain check" for me. Nice photo of the "Honey Hole". Thom

Look foward to some company YC.

mike

Hey guys--I just found this board and thought I'd chime in. Spent Monday morning down by Big Bar. Got a couple of 1/2 pounders and hooked into a big something that broke me off after about a minute. I'm just starting to learn this game and it sure is a fine way to spend one's time. Good luck to all. -Rob