Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Trinity Tail

Default Another Trinity Tail

Fished this morning for a couple of hours before getting my NASCAR fix. Hooked up with a bright 8 pounder in about 5 minutes. Fought it for about 5 minutes before the hook pulled. Darn did manage a 1/2 pounder a little later but that was it for today.

A few days ago I hung this fish. I've never caught a sea run Brown, but when this fish came to the surface I was thinking maybe my time had come. I've heard of sea run Browns on the Trinity but have never seen one. This fish fought and acted different then any of the Kings or Silvers I have gotten so far and the colors reminded me of the fish I have seen from Patagonia. Well after landing the fish I looked at the mouth and of course it was black. I kinda figured a Brown would have a white mouth. Oh well I still have a week or so to go. Remember, you don't know, if you don't go!

Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default .

Nice report mike. That water is absolutely gorgeous. That is a chinook salmon pictured. Nice heavy fish. We get a lot of those in the upper rogue...I call em butterfingers cause when they roll they look like a chocolate bar.lol You are sure getting that river wired Mike.

Jbird

Very nice Mike! I love the way you lassoed him in with your fly line, I haven't accomplished that feat yet. Love the pictures, please keep 'em coming!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

"I want to be a Cowboy Baby!" One of my new buddies up here taught me that loop I'm starting to work on my speed now!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default Still A great Fish

That's still a great looking fish even if the colors sort of remind you of a brown.
    I picked up a sea-run brown a couple of years ago up by the Steel Bridge. The colors looked nothing like a brown as the body was very silver but the identifying marks were the bright red spots that most regular browns all have.

Looks like you're really having fun,
    TONY

SullyTM Guest

MSP... Fox Poopahs? What size?

Save a few for me, will ya! Thom

Check it out! One of four sea-run browns that have come into my boat on the Trinityover the past few years. Charlie here is responsible for 2 of them. This fish is a bit darker, but they can be extremely chromy with the telltale spot pattern intact and the marker pink/red dots faded to almost a sunset whisper. Cool fish, happy Charlie.
    fish first, ask for time off later...

Thanks Bruce,

I have always heard there are a few Sea-run Browns on the Trinity River but have never seen one or even a picture till now.

That is a very special fish.

I guess they have Sea-run Cutthroats up north starting on the Smith River in CA and running all the way to Alaska.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Sea Run Cutthroat....

Hi Bill,.... Sea run Cutthroat range from the mouth of the Eel River all the way up the coast.... Lots of 'em around Redwood Creek and the tidewater areas around it.

They sure are fun to catch. The few that I've targeted were out of the water more than in, after being hooked.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I don't know if this fish is a sea-run brown, or a resident but it was well over 10 pounds, it was caught by a friend last year and was released right after this picture was shot